<body onload=setInterval("S=Math.sin;with(R.getContext('2d'))for(fillRect(0,0,300,150,drawImage(R,9,2,282,148,0,3,300,150),fillStyle='rgba(99,0,42,.01)'),a+=x=88;x--;fillRect(x*4,75+S(a+x/27+S(x/9)*S(a*2-x/15))*20,4,3))fillStyle='#c60'",a=9)><canvas id=R>
The landscape is a simple curve rendered with a zoom blur. It is not a voxel landscape like in the original MARS 4Kb intro but conceptually the effect is exactly a landscape rendered in perspective.
Other recent experiments
There are many experiments and projects like MARS LANDSCAPE to discover other here.
- FRONTFEST MOSCOW It was an honour to be invited to Fronfest Moscow 2017 with the little family to give my first workshop; implementing a Twin-stick shooter using ES6 and Canvas, and to continue my CODE🎙ART series of talks + live coding aiming to inspire new web developer artists. on November 18th, 2017
- BREATHING EARTH Another take on Nadieh Bremer mesmerizing Breathing Earth visualisation, running at 60fps on a 2D Canvas without libraries or frameworks. on June 26th, 2017
- MINAMI DISTRICT DEMOJS 2013's winner 1k intro. With MINAMI DISTRICT I wanted to do something fresh. Something never seen in normal demos before: A city with a twister skyscraper. on June 29th, 2013
- SUDOKU SOLVER Solves a Sudoku grid using magic, recursion, and 140bytes of brute force. on September 21st, 2011
- TILT SHIFT A very fast & simple tilt-shift effect in Canvas. on January 10th, 2009
- PNEBULA Almost the first 256b intro using Canvas ever :p on September 30th, 2008
- SIERPINSKI GASKET A cute Sierpinski gaskets in 96 bytes of DHTML. on June 14th, 2004
Don't be shy; get in touch by mail, twitter, github, linkedin or pouet if you have any questions, feedback, speaking, workshop or performance opportunity.