It's always fun and interesting to enter the JS1k competitions but I am a demoscener at heart. My whole work goes in that direction: Most bang for your buck! With some style on top!
June 2012: DemoJS and its 1k demo competition were one month away and I could feel MATRAKA touch on reality. It was time to make this happen.
It was four intensive weeks but with the help of 4MAT the result went beyond my initial vision. Despite its small size MATRAKA is my most complete and DEMO-ish production to date. The feedback was aboslutely amazing too.
Fast forward to July 2013 where I went to DEMOJS with another 1k intro, MINAMI DISTRICT, and to give a talk explaining the development process of MATRAKA. Check the source of the slides to read some of my notes. Hopefuly this will shed some light about this little puppy.
Of course MATRAKA is available on Pouet.net where all comments and thumbs up are appreciated.
Hope you like this little production.
Other recent projects
There are many experiments and projects like MATRAKA to discover other here.
- FRONTFEST MOSCOW It was an honour to be invited to Fronfest Moscow 2017 with the little family to give my first workshop; implementing a Twin-stick shooter using ES6 and Canvas, and to continue my CODE🎙ART series of talks + live coding aiming to inspire new web developer artists. on November 18th, 2017
- BREATHING EARTH Another take on Nadieh Bremer mesmerizing Breathing Earth visualisation, running at 60fps on a 2D Canvas without libraries or frameworks. on June 26th, 2017
- HYPERSONIC MANDELBULB A hasty invalid JS1k entry using webGL+Audio. Possibly the first one. on March 6th, 2013
- MICRO NOVA Quite possibly the smallest WebGL demo effect. Micro Nova clocks under 512bytes and shows supernova-like blasting colors. on May 30th, 2012
- TILT SHIFT A very fast & simple tilt-shift effect in Canvas. on January 10th, 2009
- PNEBULA Almost the first 256b intro using Canvas ever :p on September 30th, 2008
Don't be shy; get in touch by mail, twitter, github, linkedin or pouet if you have any questions, feedback, speaking, workshop or performance opportunity.