It's always fun and interesting to enter the JS1k competitions but I am a demoscener at heart. My whole work goes in that direction: Most bang for your buck! With some style on top!
June 2012: DemoJS and its 1k demo competition were one month away and I could feel MATRAKA touch on reality. It was time to make this happen.
It was four intensive weeks but with the help of 4MAT the result went beyond my initial vision. Despite its small size MATRAKA is my most complete and DEMO-ish production to date. The feedback was aboslutely amazing too.
Fast forward to July 2013 where I went to DEMOJS with another 1k intro, MINAMI DISTRICT, and to give a talk explaining the development process of MATRAKA. Check the source of the slides to read some of my notes. Hopefuly this will shed some light about this little puppy.
Of course MATRAKA is available on Pouet.net where all comments and thumbs up are appreciated.
Hope you like this little production.
There are many experiments and projects like MATRAKA to discover other here.
Recently on www.p01.org
- DRAGON PUNCH : An itsy bitsy Dragon curve renderer in 121 bytes.
- THREAD : The "10 print" maze generator in 15 bytes of x86 assembler.
- THREAD JS : Breaking the 64 bytes fronteer with the famous "10 print" maze generator.
- ❰ HYPERSONIC MANDELBULB : A hasty invalid JS1k entry using webGL+Audio. Possibly the first one.
- ❱ MICRO NOVA : Quite possibly the smallest WebGL demo effect. Micro Nova clocks under 512bytes and shows supernova-like blasting colors.
For more updates, contact me or follow me on Twitter, Github, Pouet or Linkedin.